Technorely is fast-paced Canadian-Ukrainian IT company with headquarters in Vancouver, Canada and R&D centers in Kyiv and Kharkiv, Ukraine. We are the pioneers to develop blockchain-based software in Ukraine. Our main areas of expertise, are Fintech, Healthcare, Blockchain, and Industrial software development.
We are committed and dedicated to our work in creating software solutions that bring the maximum possible value to our clients’ businesses. Our values are mounted in building relationships and making it possible for our clients’ to succeed. As a customer-centric partner, we seek to find the most efficient ways to betterment the products and services of our customers and make the world a better place.
Our mission is to understand where the world is going and what is our role in helping our clients to develop and support their custom software solutions and increase business efficiency.Read More
We are looking for a Senior DBA to join our team.
About the project
This project is a comprehensive information resource for the entire enterprise in Oil & Gas industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. This platform delivers value across the upstream and downstream supply chain empowering exploration and production (E&P), oilfield services, midstream, and financial services companies to be more proactive, efficient, and competitive.
- Database deployments on Linux, Windows, and Cloud platforms.
- DBA support for SQL database monitoring and performance tuning to ensure new and upgraded systems/databases run at optimal levels. Includes performing resource contention analysis and system tuning as part of remediation or proactive monitoring.
- Perform migrations from SQL platforms such as Oracle and MS SQL Server to PostgreSQL.
- Develop and document database policies, procedures, and standards for SQL databases.
- Automate existing SQL database installation, configuration, and management standards and procedures based on industry best practices.
- Establish and maintain access controls and security for non-production and production SQL database environments (including CIS benchmarks).
- Proactively maintain database systems at the latest security patch levels.
- Develop automation procedures and provide proactive intervention to minimize downtime.
- Assist our operations team in SQL database installations, including troubleshooting, problem resolution, and on-call after hours and weekend support if needed.
- Monitor and automate capacity planning for all SQL database installations.
- Provide support to our DBA operations team and our application teams.
- 3-4+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL/ MSSQL/MySQL (Oracle)
- 3-4+ years of experience performing database performance analysis, system and statement SQL tuning.
- 3-4+ years of experience architecting and implementing PostgreSQL replication solutions using streaming replication including pgPool.
- 3-4+ years of experience migrating non- PostgreSQL databases to PostgreSQL, such as MS SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Knowledge of devOps/Infra as Code practices and tools like Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo.
- Knowledge of working with Agile methodology and tools like Confluence/JIRA.
- Communication skills necessary to work on a geographically distributed team.
- Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
Motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communicator (written and verbal) and listener
- Possesses diplomacy and the cooperative style necessary to interface effectively with all personalities and across functional disciplines
- Proven ability to effectively sell ideas and build consensus at all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define, collect, analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make fact-based decisions
- Handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that highest priority commitments are delivered on schedule
- Professional and career growth;
- Best team;
- Compatible and stable salaries;
- Flexible working time.